Friday, March 14, 2014

A blast from the past during Thanksgiving



      I am opening my third pack of Hot Hands hand warmers of the evening and I have only been sitting for 10 minutes!  The antlerless season that Missouri allows in select counties gives me more opportunities to fill that tag. I feel like a stuffed Thanksgiving turkey with all these warmers stuffed all over. This brings me to the question, what are you thankful for this year?
     I am very thankful to be here , in the woods, surrounded by nature and its peacefulness.
However, I would not be here without a few people in my life. First, I would like to thank my wife, Robin, for all that she does to put up with me. How does she do it? I have no idea. I drive myself insane sometimes. I am blessed with a wonderful wife who enjoys the outdoors and joins me in the field. She has also given me a handsome little man, Carson, who is my hunting buddy for life!
    Second, I would like to thank my parents. Both of you were there for me in life and raised me to be respectful and courteous to others. Thanks for providing me with a home, food, and clothing, while keeping me a home free from alcohol and drugs. You have taught me priorities and the value in life. Thanks for always being there!
       Lets not forget the creator on this one! Look at what he has given us. Our lives, our families, and our friends. The ability to hunt game in his beautiful creation. Remember next time you watch the sunset, hear the gobbler sound off in the morning, or watch a buck cruise the ridge top that God has created this for us to enjoy. Give him thanks. Without him we have nothing. Without him we are nothing.  We hope you have a safe Thanksgiving and lets remember to be thankful for the important things in our life, Family!          

No comments:

Post a Comment