Friday, March 14, 2014

U Pack?


     How many of you carry a concealed weapon on you during archery season? Did you know that with a valid CCW permit you can carry a concealed weapon on you during Missouri archery season? Well, now you do!
     Some say "Why are you carrying in the Ozarks?" Yes, we only have a few dangerous animals that may put us in a position that we may need to use our weapon. I can't say I have been in a position where I needed my concealed weapon but its kind of like toilet paper, better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
       Actually, the most dangerous animal in the woods walks on two legs. I spend a lot of my time on public ground which means there is no telling what (who) I may run into. Don't believe me? Do a quick google search and it will make you paranoid enough to go get your CCW permit! Think about it. We have a bow averaging somewhere in the $500 and up range. Then add on your accessories, rangefinder, knives, and even camera gear and we are easily a walking $2500. 
       I look at my concealed weapon as being just as important as my safety harness while hunting. At the end of the hunt, we are all just trying to safely get back to our families. For more information on the regulations for hunting here in the Ozarks go check out this link http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/regulations/deer-regulations
 

NOTE* You also cannot open carry in Missouri archery without a valid CCW permit. However, all other seasons you are allowed.

Justin Sapp

No comments:

Post a Comment